Posted by Kevin and Kaitlin on 7:20 PM

Hey ya'll! So it's been forever since we have updated this so here goes...Sorry if it's really long. ;)

Well Kevin got me a camera for my birthday! So we've been trying to take more pictures... On my birthday we went out to Olive Garden with the gift certificate that Kevin's sister, Marie, gave us. It was super yummy! And I kicked off my 21st with a special drink...frozen lemonade! :)


Later that week, we had a little celebration with our friends, Stephen, Susan, and Caleb. Kevin got me an ice-cream cake ( I know,,,not Funfetti...can you believe it?) and it was really good! I had never had one before! Kevin picked out a good one!



Also in April, one of Kevin's friends from Fallon came home from his mission to Chile. So to welcome Mike home, Kevin treated him to a steak dinner at Texas Roadhouse! That's right...I still have a little bit of Texas even in Reno, Nevada. This place is so good. I think our favorite thing there are the rolls they give you before they bring out your food...because they serve it with this cinnamon butter. It's delicious! So here are Mike, Stephen, Susan, Me, and Kevin.


Then, we went down to Mike's house and played some Rockband! We pretty much dominated. ;) We were concentrating really hard...

During the Spring, Kevin played intramural soccer. His team did really well and made it to the playoffs! These are of Kevin getting pumped up for his games and showing off some of his sweet moves. ;)

One of our favorite things to do here in Reno is walk down to the river. On the weekends they usually have some fun things going on, but we also just like to sit and hang out on the rocks by the river. One weekend Kevin and I and Stephen, Susan, and Caleb went down to Riverfest.




Then to celebrate Susan's birthday, we went to see Wolverine: Origins! And to get ready for the movie the boys decided to shave a Wolverine beard. ;) Fierce huh?


Then just a couple weeks ago Kevin and I went to Donner Lake for Memorial Day. They have a little museum about the Donner party and some other pioneer things, too. It was really interesting. I'll try to tell you what some of the pictures are...
The first one is just a statue of some pioneers. Then there I am with a covered wagon. Then "Mormon Island". The next one kinda made me laugh...it's a horse snow shoe. I had no idea they had those. :) Then Kevin with a bear! Ahh! JK, ;) The next ones are of a statue outside the museum showing how deep the snow was when the Donner party was in this area. The snow was about 21 feet deep which is how tall the statue is. There is also the plaque on the statue. Then we actually got to the lake. It was beautiful up there! We ended up driving around the lake for a bit also and we found a little beach that we relaxed on for a little while...until it started raining and hailing. ;)







So our last pictures are of when we went to the drive-in theater out here. We watched Angels & Demons. It was really fun! We had never been there before so it was nice to go somewhere different. :)




Alright, so the latest thing that has been going on was that Kevin's parents came out this past weekend for a short visit. It was fun to see them again. They got us lots of food which was wonderful because we were running a little low. ;) They also brought out the movie Forever Strong and we watched that one night. It was a really good show! We all enjoyed it.

Well it seems that this is quite long so I will wrap it up. But we are really excited to see ya'll soon!

4 comments:

Karen said...

You guys look great! Thanks for sharing your pictures. We are excited to see you guys next week too!

Anonymous said...

What fun! Remember all these places to vistit. The boys were talking about going to Reno sometime. See you next week!
Kristen

Anonymous said...

Fran! I didn't even know you two had a blog so I am very glad you sent me the link! No wonder I've missed you on FB so much...haha

You guys look like you are having so much fun!! I miss you!

Always,

Kimberlee

Anonymous said...

You two look great--and your hair is getting long, Kaitlin. I'm glad you can fit some fun into your busy lives. Can't wait to see you in a week!

Mom