Posted by Kevin and Kaitlin on 4:15 PM

So not too much has been happening the past couple months. We are starting to hear back from some of the schools that Kevin applied to. Last week, a professor from one school emailed Kevin telling him that he was nominated for a Fellowship, and today another professor from another school emailed pretty much the same thing. So we are assuming that he has been accepted into these schools since he is eligible for their scholarships. :) Once we have official letters from these schools we'll specify which ones they are (or of course you can talk to us individually and we'll tell you so we don't have to put this information on the internet right now), but since he is just dealing with the specific professors in these history departments right now we think the information may be off the record. Essentially, these departments are trying to make sure Kevin doesn't commit to other schools yet. We expect official letters over the next few weeks. So it's getting exciting! We are not sure if we want to stay here in Nevada with some of the budget cuts, but we will see what everyone has to offer.
Also, we are getting ready to go on our trip to Washington, DC! We are getting more and more excited as we get closer to going. We are going to have a blast! Last year when we went to Texas for the Frandsen family reunion, our flight back to Nevada was over-booked. So we decided to camp out in the Dallas airport for a few more hours and take the free vouchers the airline offered. So we are using the vouchers they gave us towards our flights for this trip. We leave this friday and come back next friday. So we have a whole week to play! If ya'll have any suggestions, let us know! We pretty much know where we want to go, but are definately open to more ideas. :)
Finally, to get ready for our trip, I decided to make my hair a normal color once more. I thought I could just go back to blonde, but that involved stripping my hair...which I did not want to do. So...I now have brown hair! It's different but I really really like it. I think it fits well and it is definately more normal than red. :) We will be posting pictures soon of my hair and our trip! Enjoy!

K&K

1 comments:

Kimberlee said...

AHHHH!!! I am having a heart attack waiting for you to text me back, Fran! AND I love your new hair! I feel privledged that I got a picture already.

Also, definitely go to Georgetown! It's like the high-fashion shopping district with a bunch of fancy restaurants. Obviously Nikki was the only one who took advantage of the shopping, but the atmosphere there is something you don't want to miss! It's fun just to walk down the street and see everything! Just beware of the freakish metro escalators. The escalators are so steep, I thought for sure I would fall 50 feet, break my neck, and die.