Posted by Kevin and Kaitlin on 4:21 PM

Greetings Friends and Family--

Although most of you probably already know, I am graduating May 15th at UNR. You are all invited if you would like to come (There will be no snail mail invitations). Of course, I understand that graduations are excruciatingly dull formalities and we live a good chunk of distance away from most of you so I completely understand if you are unable or unwilling to make it. No friend or family points will be deducted :) lol.

Aside: Technically graduation is called "commencement," anybody who can explain such shenanigans will win 3 gratitude points.

Saturday afternoon after "commencement" Steve and JoAnn have been generous enough to offer a dinner (BBQ is the front runner right now) at their lovely new mansion. Please email/text/call/whatever me or Kaitlin and let us know if you will be there so I can help them plan how much food they need.

Finally, there will be all sorts of hustle and bustle during graduation weekend because Kaitlin and I are moving to Utah! "Why?" you ask. Because we love you all so much of course! Well, we also love JoAnn & Steve's family and our friends here...so our love of everybody in Utah is not the whole reason. After some difficult decision making, Kaitlin and I have decided that accepting a Presidential Fellowship at Utah State University to study Early American Cultural and Intellectual history in their MA program is the best choice.

Added Bonus: We are hopeful that Kaitlin will be granted residency at USU, which would mean my Fellowship (and savings from Kaitlin's great work over the past couple years) would be enough for both of us to go to school there. Kaitlin should be able to complete her BA or BS while I get my MA. Assuming everything goes as planned, we should know very soon whether or not Kaitlin will get residency and if we have avenues to appeal to if she doesn't.

Those are pretty much all the happenings going on right now. Kaitlin has been working on a post covering our DC vacation that I think she'll have up shortly so watch for it! :)
(EDIT: the DC stuff is posted below this post so everything is still chronological. Way to go Kaitlin!) 

2 comments:

Kimberlee said...

Whew! I am glad no friend points are taken away cause I'm not sure we'd be able to come. If anything changes I will let you know! But I think we should definitely have a celebration party/dinner when you come back to Utah! I am already mentally making plans, but I guess I will let you guys spend some time with your families before I get too excited!

Kevin said...

We should for sure go out to eat or something when we get to Utah! What plans are you making? I imagine that we will have plenty of family time and plenty of friend time this summer :)