Posted by Kevin and Kaitlin on 6:51 PM

So...a few things have happened so we finally have something to write about! :)

First...I got a new job! Woo! Bath and Body has just been cutting down on hours a ton so I was looking looking looking for something new. I was hoping for like a receptionist/front office kind of job but I also looked at banks. And that's where I found it! Wells Fargo was hiring out here so I will be a "Phone Banker". It's basically customer service and then trying to sell things, too. So it should be pretty nice...more hours and better pay! Yay! :) So I put my two weeks notice in on Saturday and I start my banking career on January 26th! Wish me luck! ;)

Second, Kevin just took the GRE (Graduate Record Examination) today. It's like the SAT for college to go on to Grad school. He did really well! He already has a lot of his scores back...for the verbal and quantitative parts. There is also a writing part that he doesn't have back yet. But so far he thinks he is in about the 80th percentile! So all the schools he is looking into for grad school need just about that. :) The schools he is looking into are, of course, UNR, University of Oregon, University of Virginia, University of Victoria (Canada), and maybe University of Utah. So I'm pretty excited where we could end up! :) Kevin starts school tomorrow as well. He is thinking that he will only have about a year or year and a half to go till he can graduate! Yay!

Third, Kevin started looking at a possible class schedule for the summer around the reunion and he will have Fridays off! So we are thinking that we will come out for the reunion Thursday night so we will be there Friday through Sunday! We are so excited to see everyone!

And last, I finally got a calling in my ward...I'm the new Relief Society Music Leader.... :) I was kinda surprised at first, but I think it will be fun. I think it's the perfect one for me. :)

Oh! This is the last one, I promise! We just got a new bathroom shelf! Woo! Haha. ;) So now we have lots more space for all those towels we got for our wedding! Hehe jk. But it will be nice to have a bit more room now. And Kevin was so good to put it all together the day we got it! :) And it looks so nice!

5 comments:

Karen said...

Kaitlin--congratulations on the new job. That is so exciting!! And the new calling. That will be great for you. So do you give backgrounds on the practice songs and then lead them? And Kevin--congratulations on the GRE--good luck with all of your schools. That will be so fun! And we are very excited that it is looking more possible that we will all be together in Dallas. Aren't more shelves nice. There is nothing nicer than feeling more oraganized. We hope you guys are doing well. It is good to hear from you.

Karen

Anonymous said...

Kaitlin, that's great news! Congrats on the new job. I hope you will like Wells Fargo as much as I do. That will be great experience that you can take with you no matter where you end up, especially with Wells Fargo having branches all over the place now, with their acquisition of Wachovia. We're also excited to hear about Kevin's opportunities with school and that it's looking like you'll be able to come to the reunion. Woohoo! Thanks for the update.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like things are going really well for you! Congratulations!
-Cortney

Dave said...

Congrats on the new job Kaitlin - that is great to pull off getting a new, especially in banking right now - you must have blown them away in the interviews! Nice work.

Kevin - nice work on the GRE -- I know taking those grad school exams can be stressful. Looks like some great schools you are looking at. Glad to see the U of U on your list. There is no great institution in all the land. Only the finest. OK I may be exagerating, but I loved it. Go Utes!

Kaitlin Music leader is one step from Relief Society President so you better watch out!

your favorite brother in law -- Dave (Sorry James you know its true)

Penny said...

I love reading everyone else's comments almost as much as reading your blog. I am so glad things are working out so well for you both. I just really miss seeing you guys. I love the blog though--it helps us all stay in touch. Kaitlin, let us know how your first day of the new job goes.

Love you,
Mom